Yes, I’m behind the times. As some of you already know I lost my dad last week, so even TSW is taking a back seat right now.
As of today, Closed Beta testers are no longer bound by the non-disclosure agreement. This means that testers may now speak freely about their experiences in the current and future versions of the Closed Beta. Sharing of screenshots and gameplay videos of the current and future versions of the Closed Beta is also allowed.
I’m not in the mood for a long review, but I will say:
- I preordered
- I’m enjoying it, despite far less time to play than I would have liked, RL issues, and hardware issues
- I was even considering going for the lifetime sub but Green Armadillo (one of my blogosphere’s resident cynics and smartypants) reminded me that games are going Free to play faster than you can say “vanishing player-base” these days, so I’m still thinking about that one. Still… part of me wants to do it, not just because you get some fun goodies but also because I’d like to show support for Funcom and for this game in particular.
- I think the game is boss. Not everyone will. In my case however I suspect it will entertain me for quite a while.
- A somewhat more thorough Impressions post may follow, or not, depending on how RL stuff goes. We’re not allowed to talk about previous versions and I haven’t yet experienced the post-NDA beta, so it also depends on whether I get a chance to play in the post-NDA world before launch.
So this is one of those usual conundrums.
I have a couple of one buddy key for a beta I’m not allowed to say I’m in. Closed beta keys that is, not open beta keys which would be silly.
Edit – Keys both gone!
If you know which one and you’re interested, leave a comment. Or you could just wait and catch the launch which isn’t that far away.
Another caveat: you’re looking at a multi gigabyte download (probably something like 14-18), so it would be useful if you had a much faster internet connection than we do. With our truly pooey DSL (and no, we can’t get better here in the boonies) it took me the better part of 4 days to download.
You Have Been Warned.
Supposed to refer to this post, but I guess it could refer to me too. I slay me.
1. Hot summer is hot. Where can I find a place that’s 70 degrees (20C) all year round?
On the bright side, it’s so dry here in New Mexico that hot here isn’t nearly as hot as, er, hot in humid places. I should probably work on that sentence a bit more.
2. Bad health sucks. It insinuates tendrils in all parts of your life and makes just about everything more difficult.
I’m not whining (much), just observing. My sympathies to anyone else who’s going through chronic health issues.
3. Work is harder when you’re sick.
Especially if you have a lot of it and feel sick most of the time. Oh, woe is me.
4. Only a month to go to TSW launch if it’s on time. /Snoopydance
I really really want to say more but I can’t so I won’t. I swear, work and health be damned, I’m taking a week off right around July 3rd.
I’m in I’m in I’m in I’m in I’m in!!!
I can’t say more. It’s a SECRET.
Oh yeah, and for the “oh the irony!” factor, our internet has been up and down like a tart’s knickers for the last 2 days. More off than on. It’s a local issue apparently. They should have it resolved within 48 hours.
48 hours?!? I’m leaving in a couple days! Damn you, ISP + irony!