EDIT — I hate to have to add this hours after touting the patch, but be careful. Installing it is preventing people from running the game. This may be related to VS runtime stuff, but either way it’s ridiculously unprofessional and, in my now jaundiced view, rather epic FAIL from Bioware. Not good, guys, really. This forum thread has more info.
= = =
Saturday 7th Edit: BioWare have updated their social site to make the patch actually findable by people, as Spinks reports. Hopefully the next thing will be a patch that doesn’t require a workaround for people running 64-bit OSs.
= = =
That only took 3 days! Actually, the pessimist in me was expecting to download a patch the second I’d installed the game. Maybe I play too many MMOs?
Dragon Age – v1.01 Patchby Dhruin, 2009-11-06 08:06:43
The first patch is out for Dragon Age and if I read it correctly, among a small handful of fixes they appear to have made it easier on Easy and Normal settings. Grab it here for retail (all languages – 13Mb):
- fixed potential corruption of character statistics
- fixed portrait appearance sliders when importing a character from the downloadable Character Creator
- fixed import for preset face settings from the downloadable Character Creator
- made Easy difficulty easier
- slightly increased attack, defense, and damage scores for all party members at Normal difficulty
- fixed video issues when running on a very wide screen display, including ATI Eyefinity displays
Steam has already released it for those users.
I noticed with interest that among other things it fixes my “fugly imported characters” issue. Yay! As for making Easy mode easier, all I can say is /boggle. I played both intros on easy mode, and if I could manage it then anyone else can. Then again, I haven’t played any of the dwarven intros and I gather they’re a little more hardcore, as is only fitting for dorfs. Even so… easier easy mode seems like easymode overkill.